Crafting on my desk :-)

I always enjoy looking at my  miniatures:-) and I'm always on the look out for great display options for my minis. So having stuff I've made hidden in boxes isn't something I'm fond of :-)

A couple of weeks ago I took one look at my crafting area and all the stored minis, and decided I needed to display all the miniature craft items I'd made, especially replicas of my favourite paper packs, cardstock, stamps, stencils, pens, markers, colouring media etc; at least somewhere I could enjoy looking at them.

(I had even made rolls of double sided tape ;-))

So I decided to make a craft room scene that would sit on a corner of my desk. I wanted to duplicate my work area but that got a bit hard trying to replicate my storage units, so I decided to make Ikea inspired shelving that looked similar instead but still retaining the crafty atmosphere :-) of my space.

Almost everything has been handmade by me :-)

Comments

  1. That looks amazing! So realistic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Natalie, it looks so real. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris, for your lovely comments:), I'm off to check out your blog ^^

      Delete
  3. Hi Natalie, this is my first visit to your blog. Your craft room is so cute! Do you work in 1:6 scale or 1:12 or both? I am just starting out making doll tutorials and I picked the 1:12 scale because I thought it was most widely used, but now I am not so sure. I'll follow you from now on. You have some really clever ideas. --Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie
      Thanks for your lovely comments and for visiting:-)
      I work in both 1:12 and 1:6 and I also work in 1:16, 1:4 and 1:3 scale.
      1:12 is definitely the most common among adult collectors and most of my miniatures are in 1:12 scale! I'll check out your blog to see your tutorials
      Natalie x

      Delete

Post a Comment