Reac...ting to the chair dilemma ^_^



Chairs, chairs, chairs......which one to use?

When I want to create a scene or work in my dolls house I might have an idea of what chairs I want to use or sometimes I have a colour scheme in mind, and that determines what chairs I use... there have been times where the room evolved from the chair rather than the other way around :-)

Sometimes I want to have certain chairs in a scene because I like them, but they don't work in the scene:(.
I have an office scene for which I bought 5 of the same chair in order to achieve uniformity, but I also have other chairs in it that don't match, and don't go together!... so I decided to call the scene "eclectic" :-)

I like contemporary design, and as an admirer and collector of doll house miniatures I have managed to acquire a small amount of chairs :) I have my favorites :) and some I would want to own in large scale, ;-) and also some that only work in my doll house scenes.

I have some, that none of my dolls can sit in, :-) but that's okay, I sometimes imagine me sitting in them :)

I have blogged in the past about finding designer chairs made by Reac. in Japan and since then I have collected the designs I like, and i still have my eyes on a few, but for now that will have to wait....

My confusion about what chair to use in what scene, might be resolved, by documenting what chairs are available to use. I have often wondered what it would be like to see how many I actually own and how many different types of chairs I have in my houses.

This might reveal a little bit about my personality or maybe just my buying habits ...:) or even my design philosophy when it comes to modern architecture..blah, blah, blah:-)

OR
could it just be a matter of "I see, I like, and I buy!" :-D


[When I started getting ready to do this post I realized that it was much harder than I imagined to photograph all my chairs, so I gave up and only photographed my reac chairs ;-)]

I went through the rooms in my houses and photographed the combination of chairs used in a room setting, instead of putting them all together and taking one big picture :)






The chairs above where in a living room scene


The chairs above where also in a living room / gaming room scene


The chairs above where in an office scene


The chairs above where in a 2 scenes -bedroom room and hallway scene



The chairs above where in a 3 scenes - bedroom, living room  and nursery scenes

so many doubles hmmmm...........
:-)

They have all been taken out of my houses and placed in a 1:4 scale diorama for this post :) xx



Comments

  1. Sigh, I have a ton of Reac chairs, but looking at the ones you that I don't have, makes me want to get more. :P Can never have enough right? Do you keep yours in the boxes or how to you store them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree :) they are lovely designs, I still have my eyes on some but.....

      I used to keep them in their boxes:) especially the duplicates, but when all my "mini" boxes started taking up too much space;-) I 'de-boxed' everything and they are all on display in my dolls houses :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment